My Facebook Thoughts

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Where's The Beef? Where's The Fat?


I think it was about 10 or 15 years ago the whole country and world thought there was too much fat in our food. Everyone was getting too fat. The powers to be said, CUT THE FAT!

And they did. Restaurants started cutting the fat. Foods were being prepared with less fat.
Wrongly, often held up as an example to the world for why people are fat, McDonald's started making burgers with less fat.

End result, GOOD-BYE FLAVOR.

And because McDonald's made "healthier" hamburgers every other restaurant that makes hamburgers followed suit.

I haven't had a decent hamburger in a restaurant in about 10 or 15 years.

Guess what?

People are still getting fat. Hell, I was fat before and I'm still fat now. Fat in food was not making people fat. People were making themselves fat. They always have and they always will.
Those who want to get thin, will. They will eat right and exercise appropriately. And those with medical reasons can seek the help of a doctor for help. Like the doctors at Vista Family Medicine, but I digress.

What am I trying to say?

I want the fat back.

I had a hamburger at my mom's house yesterday and it was delicious. It was juicy and thick and grilled with cheese. It was a Ploch Burger and it was good. And the plate they were served on was filled with grease.

I'm tired of paying for hamburgers that taste like cardboard. Emeril Lagasse always says, "fat is flavor".

Bring back the flavor.

No comments: