My Facebook Thoughts

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Snow Snow Snow


Last time I checked it was February. I live in the Midwest. The average temperature this time of year is 32 degrees. There is always a chance for snow, this area averages 38 inches per year. Unless it's July or August there is no history of a chance of snow.

Yet every time it snows here the news media goes crazy.

I know this will make me sound old, but when I was younger I don't remember snow being a big deal unless the forecast was for feet not inches of snow. Is it just me or are we celebrating mediocrity yet again?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just enjoy nature as it happens. Quit over analyzing.

Mark Ploch said...

Nature I love.
The 24 hour news coverage of something that happens naturally is what bugs me.

Anonymous said...

Don't watch it duh!

Mark Ploch said...

If I don't watch the news how will I know what Britney is doing?