My Facebook Thoughts

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Cram A Square Peg Into A Round Hole

(Disclaimer)
I am White Sox fan. I was born and raised a White Sox fan. I do not like the Cubs.


Today the baseball playoffs begin. In Chicago and across the country the buzz is all about the Cubs. The last time the Cubs were World Champions it was 1908. My Grandmother was just about to celebrate her 1st birthday. The first Ford Model T just rolled off the assembly line. Teddy Roosevelt was President. In other words, it was a LOOOOOOONG time ago.

People so badly want the Cubs to win they are forgetting the facts.

It is a fact that the Cubs have the worst record of all the playoff teams. There will be four teams with better records than the Cubs watching the playoffs from home.

It is a fact that Arizona has beaten the Cubs 19-12 over the last few seasons since 2003.

I predict Zambrano will collapse under the pressure of nearly 100 years of losing.

But, they have a 1 in 8 shot to win this year while my White Sox have a 1 in 30 to win it next year.

I am officially throwing my support behind the Philadelphia Phillies.

Have a listen to this Cubs song. Please Stop Believin'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really feel bad about you being born and raised a Sox fan. I believe the DCFS has laws against that now.
Regardless, you have time to switch over to the Cubs side and avoid the frustration of the next few seasons of Sox baseball. When Ozzie was rewarded a month ago with a 5 year deal for having one of the worst records in baseball, the odds for the Sox went from 1-30 to 1-300!

Mark Ploch said...

We'll see there Santo, we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Tonight's score Dbacks 10 Cubs 4