My Facebook Thoughts

Thursday, October 04, 2007

How Quickly They Turn
(Disclaimer)
I am White Sox fan. I was born and raised a White Sox fan. I do not like the Cubs.




Last night I was in bed at 8:45PM. Nearly 15 minutes BEFORE the Cubs were to start their historic drive to the World Series.

I slept great. I didn't even mind, too much, when the alarm went off at 4:30AM.


When I heard the news that the Cubs lost, I was happy and not surprised. I was surprised that Carlos Zambrano didn't have a mental breakdown. Good for him. He did a great job.


I was surprised at how fast the tables turned on Lou Piniella. (
Great Lou Song)

For the record, I like Lou. He is "Old School". He was a great pick to attempt to erase 99 years of FAILURE. Lou is a winner. His record proves that. He helped manage this team to 19 more wins than last season. One would think his 43 years in professional baseball would mean something.

But, there it was this morning. Nearly every news source was blaming Lou Piniella for pulling his ace pitcher after just 6 innings. Sports reporters love applying blame and raising doubts while ignoring facts.

The Arizona Diamondbacks won this game.
They shut down a good offensive ball club. Lou trusted his bullpen. He trusted a player with a 1.43 ERA, that's good. It didn't work out.

Now if Lou had brought in Steve Bartman to pitch, then you could criticize him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that went quicker than I expected. Did not expect a sweep.