My Facebook Thoughts

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Clean The House, The Pope Is Coming


I can't imagine being under any more pressure than having the Pope visiting. The Pope is here in the U.S. for about a week. I'm sure the whole of New York and D.C. are chewing every last fingernail.

I'm sure at the White House Laura Bush made George put away all his hunting magazines and told him, "no swearing or making farting sounds".

I see Bush and the Pope on opposite sides of the class and intelligence scales. The people working in the Office of Protocol have probably been putting in overtime getting the President ready for this visit.

Items Discussed
  • No slapping Pope on the back
  • Don't ask for a ride in the Pope mobile
  • Don't congratulate him on his victory in winning the title Pope
  • No knock knock jokes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to include some digs at President Bush on this topic? Who is next? You buddy Steve Dahl?

Mark Ploch said...

Um, because I was writing about the Pope visiting the White House.