My Facebook Thoughts

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

How Do You Arrest The Politically Correct Police?

I have an open mind. I have the ability to see both sides of any story. So it is rare for me to find a story that I just shake my head and say, "come on". Well, today is one of those days.

Apparently, Santa can no longer laugh his trademark "Ho Ho Ho" while in Australia. Those down under are afraid that Santa might be insulting women.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Unless Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and Brittney Spears are walking side-by-side in a mall I can't think of any woman who would think St. Nick was dis'ing them.



Better keep those three away from the Home Depot gardening centers too.

I am not a woman, of this I am 100% sure. I am almost as certain most women, upon seeing Kris Kringle, would be smart enough to know they are not being called a slang name.

This is just another example of how some people think others are very stupid. Santa is not the one being disrespectful to women in this case, but those telling Santa to stop saying, "Ho Ho Ho", are being disrespectful to women. They are making an assumption that women aren't smart enough to figure out why a man dressed like Father Christmas is loudly saying, "Ho Ho Ho".

And since when did we start accepting slang as part of the mainstream language? I think Hostess should have a say in this. Who doesn't like a box of Ho-Ho's?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At a mall in North Carolina they wanted to change it to HA HA HA because "experts" said HO HO HO scared children. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

For some reason, in politics, what starts out as effort to gain equality so often seems to turn into a grasp for power.

Anonymous said...

the last comment was published by Bill A. I filled out the posting screen wrong.

Anonymous said...

It is quite a stretch to come up with this kind of a meaning from a guy in a red suit. His HO has been around a lot longer than the slang for whore has.
But if we are going to give in to this kind of political pressure, I suggest a "Hey Hey" or a "Holy Cow" would work very well as substitutes.

Mark Ploch said...

Hey Hey Hey would be Fat Albert.