My Facebook Thoughts

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Got Nothing

I've been asked from time to time, where do you get your ideas for your blog? Well, I like to write about whatever is going on in the world around me. I also try to pick subjects that I hope will be interesting to you, the reader. Some days are easier than others. Today, I'm stuck.

Nothing happening of great interest in sports. Cleveland went up 3 games to 1 over Boston.


In Chicago entertainment an aging Van Halen was in concert here. I didn't go. I would have liked to, but it's the middle of the week and we'd need a sitter. I'd be a little embarrassed getting a baby-sitter to go see a Van Halen concert. It doesn't quite have the same edge it did when I was in high school. To be honest I have no recollection if I've seen Van Halen or not. I remember seeing my first concert, Journey, in 1983(it was a school night too, ROCK N' ROLL!). And yes Scott and Mike, they did sing "Lovin, Touchin', Squeezin'." Funny, I don't recall my last concert. Does Disney's Toy Story on Ice count?


I'm not too interested in being controversial. So I wont talk about politics, the war, religion or who will loose more weight Kirstie Ally or Valerie Bertinelli.


Because I feel I owe my readers something, I give you this graphic. I stumbled upon this during my web surfing. Click on the figure of a spinning dancer. The question, is the dancer spinning clockwise or counter-clockwise? Can you make it change direction?






If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe
RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

No comments: