My Facebook Thoughts

Thursday, September 06, 2007

I love politicians, not that there's anything wrong with that. (Part II)

Maybe last night you witnessed TV history. Fred Thompson announced that he is running for president of our great country. Um, hasn't he been running for months now? I swear I saw a poll with him as the GOP front runner well before last night.

Well, I did some research (I just Googled) and found 21 "official" GOP presidential candidates, 3 strong maybes, 2 quitters, and 8 who have declined to seek nomination. What the heck, let's make that last one 9, as I am officially declining to seek the
GOP nomination.

After further research (OK, I Googled again), We also have
11 "official" Democrat presidential candidates, 2 strong maybes, 1 quitter, and 7 who have declined to seek nomination. What the heck, let's make that last one 8, as I am officially declining to seek the Democrat nomination as well.

In total, we have 32 people we will be forced to endure their "I'm the best" rhetoric for the next 14 months. Here is what I would do if I were running for president, which I've already stated I've declined to seek nomination so don't ask me. I would take notes of each party's candidate's comments about the other party's candidates. Then when it's down to two I would pull out my list of comments and say, "A member of your own party thinks you wear thongs as head pieces. How do you respond?"

Who knows maybe I will change my mind and run anyway. I just don't want to be left out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free cable? I'll vote for you! LOL

Anonymous said...

If you do change your mind, does this make you bisexual?