My Facebook Thoughts

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Blog Read Around The World.

Blogging is not easy. I fear that I might write something that somebody might not like. I also have to keep in mind all the different people from around the world reading this blog.

Mark, aren't you thinking a bit much of yourself with that statement? The world? Come on.

No, really. It's true. I was checking the visitor statistics for this blog and I had visitors from Motherwell, North Lanarkshire in the UK, Bendigo, Victoria in Australia, Dakar in Singapore and Las Vegas Nevada.

I'm a world renowned blogger.

That just blows my mind that my words are being read that far away. So what do I say? Will my views on OJ Simpson be relevant down under? Should I say something about crocodiles or shrimp? Does talk about baseball players mean anything in Singapore? I don't know enough about Singapore to even make a joke here. I wont make any bad teeth comments now knowing people in UK are reading. I don't want to cause any international incidents.

But, maybe just maybe my words can help heal the world. What if a potential terrorist just happened upon my blog? He or she laughs at one of my humorous observations. They decide to remove their Armani bomb vest and fight terrorism instead of being part of it. Or I can just see Kim Jong-il peeing himself from laughter and deciding his nuclear weapons program is not needed.

Am I dreaming? Probably. I'll just settle for getting my wife to read this blog.

She's only three feet away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all the world knows OJ more than they know you.
Secondly. Trust me your blog, my blog, any blog is not bringing world peace.

Mark Ploch said...

Mmy blog will heal the world.

Amnesty said...

Hey, why not? Nothing else is working, lol.
Oh, and you're welcome, by the way...I've got your blog linked on mine, and I've shared it with a lot of people ;)