My Facebook Thoughts

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another Stupid Rich Athlete.

I don't want to get in a rut here by commenting about stupid rich athletes, but I just have to comment on the Lance Briggs Lamborghini Murcielago incident.

A few years ago a news station, I forget which one, did an experiment where they placed varying amounts of spare change on the ground. The goal of this experiment was to see what monetary value would make people stop and pick up the money. For example, most people will ignore forgotten pennies, but will scoop up a wayward quarter. If my memory serves me correctly I think most people started picking up spare change when there was around a dollar in spare change.

Lance Briggs, apparently, would have no problem stepping over a pile of spare change that was valued at $345,000. That is what he did when he crashed his car and just left it on the side of the rode. This is just another example of another stupid rich athlete. I can't wrap my arms around the idea of abandoning such a valuable piece of property.

Then I think about the people you see in very poor areas in the path of a hurricane. These people will refuse to abandon a shack they call home because everything they own is there. They fear that if they leave someone might steal their possessions.

I'm not saying athletes shouldn't be wealthy. God bless them if they can get what they deserve. If I could get an endorsement deal from Dell I'd be the happiest guy in the world. What I am trying to say is that these rich stupid athletes should stop being stupid. If you want to throw your money away, give it to a charity.

Here's three to start with;

No comments: