My Facebook Thoughts

Monday, July 24, 2017

We Need To Fix Us

This world we live is broken.  

The evidence is everywhere.  
Here, in Chicagoland, the body count totals continue to rise like the numbers on a telethon toteboard.  
I won't link the story here, but in Florida two teens watched, laughed, and videotaped a disabled man drown to death.  If that wasn't bad enough they shared their video online.

We also have President of the United States that acts like a four year old.

I find myself seeking stories that lift my spirit.  It may be avoidism, but I am a positive minded person and I need to feed my soul positivity.  It heals.

I find animal stories to be uplifting.  Specifically animal rescue stories.  I found an interesting video of a herd elephants rescuing a baby elephant from drowning.  Animals SAVING A DROWNING animal.  Here's the clip;


Granted the elephants bragged on their Facebook profiles for weeks, but c'mon.

There are two YouTube channels I watch regularly that deal with animal rescue.  The first is Vet Ranch.  They show raw animals at their worst, sometimes, near death.  With skilled hands of the vets, these animals are healed. They show the cruelty that has put upon these animals.  Once the healing process begins you see the animals return to being adorable.  Here's a sample.



The other animal rescue channel is Hope for Paws.  Just a guy and few helpers go all over Southern California rescuing animals left to fend for themselves.  Here's a sample.



Lastly, anytime you can get 65,000 people to do anything in harmony it is a positive moment.

Enjoy!


No comments: