My Facebook Thoughts

Monday, March 15, 2010

Has It Been That Long?

Time flies when your doing stuff. How are all of my readers, you, you, you and you in the back?

So many things have been going on and I'm lousy at prioritizing everything. My work takes a bulk of my time, then my family.

Wait! That sounds bad.

Obviously, my family is my number 1 priority. During the work day when my family is away is when I'm juggling a variety of accounts. I don't mind being busy, but I do wish I could be more organized.

Since my last post we have seen the Olympics, Spring Training is in full swing, Washington DC is swinging away, but nobody wants to hit anything.

I have to brag on my son here. It's no secret how much I love this kid. Well, since he started school we've known he has issues with his excess energy and concentration. We have been listening to many experts on how best to help him. At times it has gotten quite overwhelming. In a span of one week, four different books had been recommended. We had to kind of pick and choose from all the materials what we felt we could do and what we felt could best be a help. The last few weeks have been a pure joy. Seeing my son actually getting it and understanding what we are trying help him with has been the best part. I'm not saying my son is perfect or better than anyone, or that all his problems are solved. I wish I could have taken his picture when he had correctly read his biggest words yet of the school year.

My boy is also playing real little league baseball this year. No more Tee's and no more coaches pitching. This also meant he needed a protective cup, league rules. Explaining this piece of equipment is not as easy as one might think. A "cup" to a six year old means only something you drink from. Telling him he needs to put a cup over his privates brings a variety of images to his little mind. After explaining the whole concept he was OK with the protector. He did tell us later that he thought we meant like a Dixie cup or a juice cup. I'll admit it was kind of funny trying this new equipment out. Mommy can't help and Daddy, well let's just say playing video game sports as a disabled child never required me to wear a cup. But, being a smart man I was proud to help my boy protect his "future".

Opening Day is April 17th. He plays on the A's. I'm so glad he wasn't drafted by the Cubs. I'll keep you posted on his team's progress as the season goes on.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great news about your son! I love those AHA moments!! Care to share your insights that worked so well? I asked for input regarding similar issues on FB and had already tried everything that was mentioned with some limited success...