My Facebook Thoughts

Friday, April 24, 2009

Movie Magic And A Blow Hard

I recently had the chance to watch, what many call, the best movie ever made, Citizen Kane. While I enjoyed the movie, I didn't think it was the best movie ever. I would take Mr. Smith Goes To Washington or Meet John Doe before Citizen Kane as a best ever candidate. I qualify my opinion with the fact that I knew who Rosebud was before watching. With that being said, I still don't understand why that movie is so highly rated.

It brings me to my life philosophy that the world is full of geniuses. I admit, gladly, that I am not a genius. I have met people I would call genius and I know they are geniuses because they understand things I do not or ever will understand.

Geniuses are all around if you look. For example. I often will ride a bus service to get around town on my own. The dispatchers for the company are seldom former drivers and they have never lived in this area. To me, that must be genius at work because I can't understand how somebody who has no idea of the surroundings can be responsible for helping people get around.

Genius.

In Hollywood yesterday former Illinois Governor, Rod Blagojevich was filming promotions for a game show he can't be on.


Genius.

The winning bidder to buy the Chicago Cubs for $900 million is NOW looking for investors to raise money for the purchase. I thought you needed money before you can bid on something.

Genius.

Kelly Ripa

Genius.

No comments: