My Facebook Thoughts

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Stand Back Or I'll Hum A Few Bars

I was looking at newspapers online yesterday and came across an article about Beyonce's new music video, "Single Ladies". The article was about whether or not the video was or was not sexist. I didn't care about that aspect of the article. But, I did Google the video to see what the big deal was. See for yourself:



Now I am not a huge Pop music guy. I know who Beyonce is, but so what. If one of her songs was playing or say Rihanna's I couldn't tell you the difference. This blog is not about Beyonce.

A few hours after listening to "Single Ladies" I caught myself humming the beat and mumbling, "put a ring on it."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

BEYONCE CREATED AN EARWORM!

I'm the last guy in the world you would expect to humming and singing a Beyonce song, but there I was. These songs are called earworms. They get in your head and drive you crazy.

"Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it"

You will be doing normal everyday things and bam! Your humming the KitKat jingle, "Gimme a break, gimme a break.."

We should be booming these songs into the mountain ranges of Afghanistan to drive Bin Lamo crazy. I swear within 3 hours AlQaida would surrender. And they would all march into captivity singing the Chilli's old jingle, "I want my baby back, baby back, baby back..."

"Wuh Uh Oh Uh Uh Oh Uh Oh Oh Uh Uh Oh"

I apologize if I got you humming any of these songs. I found this link to help you understand this problem.
http://www.exploratorium.edu/music/questions/earworm.html



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This stuff will not get you on Oprah. Are you drinking brandy with breakfast?

Anonymous said...

He's having the Breakfast of Champions...Bailey's on cornflakes. Cornflakes never tasted this good!

Now I've got to remove Beyonce's song and replace it with a really obnoxious ditty...Toyota's "Saved by Zero".

Anonymous said...

Beyonce should "put on lid on it".

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the robust MSP tool for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central network software monitoring
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!