My Facebook Thoughts

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What Would Jesus Blog?


Merry Christmas.
There I said it.
Also, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings too.

Every year at this time I get a boatload of emails reminding me that the Christmas season is about the birth of Jesus.
These emails go on to tell me I should stay away from stores that don't use the word Christmas. Some emails point out how kids can't pray in schools and the Pledge of Allegiance can't be said because the name God is in there.

Well, I say, "Settle Down People".

Everybody in the world.
I'll say that again, everybody in the world knows that this time of the year is Christmastime.

If Walmart chooses not to use any form of the name Christ, I don't care. Their slogan is Save Money. Live Better. Not Save Souls. Live Eternally.

If Starbucks decides to sell Capachin-HoHos instead of the Away In the Manger Blend Dark more power to them.

My love for God is within my heart. There is not a corporation, store, movie, song, actor, or atheist around that can change my mind.

Before every test taken in a public school try to stop prayer in school. Anybody can pray anywhere anytime they want to. The last thing I want is the government getting involved in religion. Religion takes care of its self.

I love this time of year.
I know what it means to me.
I don't know what it means to you, LL Bean, or kids starving around the globe.
I also know that this season is used by many for profits. I can't control others nor do I want to.

I, along with my wife, try to teach our son what Christmas is all about. My wish and prayer is that I succeed.

No comments: